Saturday, July 18, 2009

Girls Camp 2009

This past Tuesday I pack my bags, snatched my sleeping bag and camp chair and headed to Stake Girls Camp. I don't think I have ever had so much fun at a girls camp before! On the ride up there, I sat next to a girl I've never met and by the time we made it to camp, we were inseperable! She lives in Kuna and we have some of the same friends, so we were surprised we had never met before. We had so much fun, ALOT of those pee-your-pants laughing moments! :)

Our stake leaders planned some amazing activities for us. We had alot of fun, but we also had some pretty amazing spiritual moments as well. We went White Water Rafter and to the Star Light Mountain Theater. We played games and ate, ate, ate, ate, and ate!! :) We also NEVER slept. I seriously got like maybe 2 or 3 hours of sleep each night. The first night I didn't sleep at all! I thought I would be tired but all the candy we ate kept me going!

The theme this year was a Princess theme, it was something like "Your fairy tale story is about to begin. Make it end with happy ever after." So we focused alot on how we are princess's and how we need to think about finding a prince to make our lives "Happy Ever After." We got alot of cute princess stuff like crowns, lip gloss, soap, and wood castle book with pictures & handouts from camp. My favorite thing we got was a wood block that was painted pink with ribbons around it and the quote on it said......."Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life."

We had some awesome speakers talk to us. It always gets you thinking about your life, like what your doing and what things you could do differently. Testimony meeting always does that too. Every year that part of camp is especially great and it never fails to be one of the most spiritual moments. Basically, it was a great camp overall and I'm glad I went.

1 comments:

G-G said...

Lacy, Lacy....my little "Gad-a-bout" granddaughter....loved your thing about girls camp....I am glad you had such a great time....you're headed on the right path...Miss Lacy...love you lots. Grandma